This page describes how the data I collect from you is used, and how you can control that use, if you wish.
Who I am
My legal name is Tracy Cooper-Posey. I am the owner of this site. I write and/or edit the content of the pages and posts you find here.
I am the controller of the personal data you provide to me.
I only collect basic personal data about you, that you supply . All the data is collected—that is, the data is provided by you through the form you complete on the Newsletter page.
- No data I obtain is surmised by tracking you.
- Nor is any data I obtain generated by algorithms.
I do not collect “sensitive” data, which can include data about race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, political affiliations, etc.
The site is fully secured, with SSL certificates kept up to date.
Why I need your data
I collect only the most basic data (name, email) which allows me to send you a weekly newsletter with information relevant to indie fiction writers.
- I do not track your movements beyond my site.
- Third party applications such as Google Analytics will keep anonymous data on what pages you visit and links you click on, but no personal information is stored with that data.
Who I share your data with.
- Every quarter, I download a backup copy of subscribers, which remains on a secondary hard drive, until a later copy replaces it.
- I do not share, rent or sell your data to any other second or third parties.
How long I keep your data.
- Data and preference information is kept by MailerLite forever. Even after unsubscribing, your data is kept in order to maintain your preferences if you re-subscribe at a later date. There are options to have your data permanently removed. See “How You Can Control Your Data”, below.
- Backup copies of subscribers is replaced every quarter by the newest copy.
How you can control your data.
- You can request to see what personal data is being stored in your profile at any time. Contact me at Tracy@ProductiveIndieFictionWriter.com and request a copy of your profile on MailerLite. This will be completed within 48 hours.
- You can also correct the information I have stored under your profile, if you wish. Contact me at Tracy@ProductiveIndieFictionWriter.com and explain what changes you want made to your profile on MailerLite. This will be completed within 48 hours.
- Unsubscribing from my email list will not delete your data permanent (it is stored for later, if you choose to re-subscribe). However, you can request that your data be deleted permanently. Mailerlite provide functions that will strip and delete any subscriber’s profile upon request. Contact me at Tracy@ProductiveIndieFictionWriter.com and request your profile on MailerLite be deleted. This will be completed within 48 hours.
If you have any questions or concerns at all about the use and storage of your data, please contact me at Tracy@ProductiveIndieFictionWriter.com.
If you are not satisfied with my response or believe I am not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/.
My site includes links to other websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you.
I do not control these third-party websites and are I am not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave my site, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit. I have provided links to the privacy policies of sites I have direct relationships with.
Updates to this policy.
It is likely that this policy will be updated from time to time. Major changes will be made public via my newsletter and posts on this site. As this site is still under early development, major shifts in site design and structure will incorporate changes to this policy.
Smaller changes and tweaks will be incorporated without notice. Please return frequently to check on updates to this page.
Your continued use of my site implies that you agreement with the most current version of this policy page.
Tuesday, May 22, 2018